RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CA — Rancho Palos Verdes’ oceanfront resort, Terranea, will continue its annual, breast cancer awareness campaign this year turning its property pink for October, while also raising funds for non-profits, including one in Redondo Beach.
From Oct. 1 to Oct. 31, a portion of proceeds from spa treatments, rounds of golf, adventure activities, pink cocktails and desserts will be donated to Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, management said.
“We are honored to turn pink and raise money for this important cause,” said Terranea President Terri A. Haack. “Since we launched this program, Terranea has raised nearly $100,000 for breast cancer support and research during ‘Terranea Turns Pink,’ and we look forward to continuing to contribute with this year’s campaign.”
Among the property’s offerings to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- STAY: Hotel guests in are given the option to make donations.
- DINE: With partial proceeds going to the charities, a variety of support-pink food and drink specials, crafted by Terranea’s culinary team, includes pink macarons, sugar cookies, cake and meringue pops, a strawberry rhubarb and ricotta brioche, a roasted beets bruschetta crostini and such hand-crafted cocktails as the Hibiscus Pomegranate Margarita at Nelson’s, the Pink Flamingo at catalina kitchen, bashi, and The Lobby Bar and Terrace, plus the ONEHOPE Wine Rosé also on menus.
- SPA: The Spa at Terranea is offering limited, outdoor treatments with guests receiving informative breast exam cards, plus a month of “Terranea Turns Pink Yoga” that encourages wear pink attire and $20 donations.
- GOLF: Proceeds from each round in October will be donated to breast cancer support and research.
- ADVENTURE – A portion of proceeds from all archery activities booked in October will benefit breast cancer support.
For more “Terranea Turns Pink” info, follow this link. The hotel is at 100 Terranea Way in Rancho Palos Verdes.