Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall will reopen to the public, officials announced Thursday.
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, CA — Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall will reopen its doors to the public for the first time since it closed in the pandemic, the city announced Thursday.
The city government building will reopen at 30940 Hawthorne Blvd. March 1 during normal business hours. People are asked to continue wearing face coverings and continue physical distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Some employees are working on rotation and might be working remotely, city officials said.
Virtual appointments are encouraged as an alternative, if possible, city officials said.
People who need to visit city hall can schedule an appointment by calling the department and following posted instructions during the visit.
No more than one to two visitors and one employee are allowed at each public counter.
For a list of department phone numbers, visit the Staff Directory on the city’s website.
The following safeguards have been implemented at City Hall to protect the health of the public and employees:
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at public counters.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed at building entrances.
- Paper towels are available at building entrances for opening doors, and trash cans are available for paper towel disposal.
- Deep cleaning is performed throughout the day and public counters are sanitized between visits.Markings have been placed on the ground noting physical distancing requirements.
Some other health precautions when people visit city hall:
- Wear a face covering.
- Check the monitor outside of the Community Development building for instructions and real-time availability.
- Waiting in the lobby will not be permitted. If another visitor is ahead of you, do not form a line outside, but return to your car and call the department to add your name to the waitlist. Remain in your car (or park grounds) until a staff member can assist you.
- If you do not have an appointment, please sign in by phone and wait in your car (or park grounds).
- Use hand sanitizing stations prior to entering buildings.
- Minimize surface contact.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
Regular business hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday. The main phone line is 310-544-5200.