Palos Verdes Tennis Club

Palos Verdes Tennis Club

Picture

The idea of having a tennis club in Palos Verdes was conceived in the late 1950′s when residents were interested in playing tennis and had no public courts. So in 1959, a small group of players started a phone campaign to get people to attend a meeting at Malaga School to discuss the possiblility of a tennis facility. In 1961 an agreement was formed between the City of Palos Verdes Estates and the Palos Verdes Tennis Club to build the courts with 150 prospective members contributing $350.each. Since there was difficulty in raising the funds, memberships were sold at that time to non-PVE residents.

In 1963 five courts and a small pro shop were opened. Three additional courts were built in 1965, and courts 9 & 10 were added in 1971. The last 2 courts were added in 1978. There are currently 12 courts with 10 being lighted.

Currently, there are 400 Palos Verdes Tennis Club members. The club celebrated it’s 50 anniversay in 2013. The tennis club is allowed to use the spacious main clubhouse with men’s and women’s locker rooms.

Palos Verdes Tennis Club is located at 3303 Via Campesina, Palos Verdes Estates, Ca. 90274. For more information about the Palos Verdes Tennis Club call (310) 373-6326 or for more information click here.

Photo courtesy of the Palos Verdes Tennis Club