Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy
Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy has been in existence since its founding in 1988, for the purpose of preserving undeveloped land as open space for historical, educational, ecological, recreational and scenic purposes. The Conservancy has been successful preserving the 1,600 acres of open space on the Palos Verdes Peninsula with the help of many volunteers..
The Conservancy’s vision is the creation and management of large blocks of natural open space where visitors may enjoy peaceful solitude, where children and adults can learn about the natural environment, and where native plants and animals can thrive.
The Conservancy hosts a full calendar of popular activities monthly with volunteer workdays, training programs for wildlife and trail repair, and special events throughout the year, including:
- Nature walks, bird walks, and night hikes on the preserves
- Special topic events and workshops
- Volunteer workdays on the trails and at the nursery
- Trail crew training for outdoor volunteers
- Environmental education programs at White Point Nature Education Center
- Family activities at George F Canyon Nature Center
To learn more about the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy go to www.pvplc.org.
Photo courtesy of the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy.
Where can you find phone support for WordPress