Palos Verdes Estates – La Venta Inn
La Venta Inn is a historical landmark building that stood alone on the Peninsula hillside after it was built in 1923, at the cost of $17,000.
The Inn was first called “Clubhouse 764″ but later had a name changed to La Venta (the sale) to represent the location where potential land purchasers were brought up to purchase a piece of property. In 1924 they were given lunch or dinner then taken to a cottage outside to close the deal.
The building was designed by Pierpont and Walter Davis. The property was surrounded by rare and exotic plants to show prospective owners the varities that could be grown here on the peninsula. In the 1930′s early La Venta visitors were able to enjoy both meals and some even stayed in the few rooms that were available. It became the black tie restaurant and weekend retreat for many Hollywood stars.The Inn later was primarly an elegant place for local residents to dine and celebrate.
The first wedding was held in1925 and is known as one of the best location for wedding parties. It has a perfect location with Queen’s Necklace views of the coastline from Bluff Cove all the way around the bay to Malibu. The Inn is currently open for private parties only.
La Venta Inn is located at 796 Via Del Monte, Palos Verdes Estates, Ca. 90274.
Photo courtesy of La Venta Inn.